- Moratoriums by Street Name and Address
- Chicago Moratoriums
- Roadway Constructions
- Roadway Construction Moratoriums
- Construction Moratoriums
- Moratoriums List
- Street Construction
- Street Resurfacing
- Road Permits
- Moratorium Types
Chicago Roadway Construction Moratoriums
This dataset shows the Chicago roadway construction moratoriums. Moratoriums are established by the Department of Transportation as a method of protecting reconstructed or repaved roadways within the boundaries of the city.
Get The Data
- ResearchNon-Commercial, Share-Alike, Attribution Free Forever
- CommercialCommercial Use, Remix & Adapt, White Label Log in to download
By having access to this Moratorium list in advance, contractors or utilities with projects that require excavation of roadways can more effectively plan and review conflicts that will be encountered.
Currently, roadway sections with active moratoriums have special consideration as to method and size of restoration, and additionally, increased permit fees.
Three moratorium types are displayed on the website:
– Street Construction is used when the street has been reconstructed. By City ordinance, the moratorium is ten (10) years and during this period permit fees are doubled.
– Street Resurfacing is used when the road has been repaved. By City ordinance, the moratorium is seven (7) years and during this period permit fees are doubled.
– Median or Median Landscaping is used where landscaped medians or planters exist on the street median. For these moratoriums types, there is no fee adjustment; however, if a construction permit is being requested, the applicant will be directed to review the planned project with the Department of Transportation/Division of Engineering staff for special instructions on how to properly protect or reconstruct street medians.
For ease of use and to limit the amount of information, the city provides these moratoriums by street name and address, within the fifty (50) municipal Ward boundaries.
About this Dataset
John Snow Labs; Chicago Data Portal;
|Source License URL|
|Source License Requirements||
Roadway Constructions, Roadway Construction Moratoriums, Construction Moratoriums, Moratoriums List, Street Construction, Street Resurfacing, Road Permits, Moratorium Types
Moratoriums by Street Name and Address, Chicago Moratoriums
|Moratorium_Type||Type of moratorium (Street Resurfacing, Location Hold, Median Landscaped, No Digging, Planned Street Resurfacing, Street Construction, Street Resurfacing)||string||-|
|Street_Address_Begin||Address and number of street where moratorium begins||integer||level : Nominal|
|Street_Address_End||Address and number of street where moratorium ends||integer||level : Nominal|
|Street_Direction||Street direction covered by the moratorium (E= East, N = North, S = South, W= West)||string||-|
|Street_Name||Street name affected by the moratorium||string||-|
|Start_Date||Moratoriums start date established by the Department of Transportation||date||-|
|Expiration_Date||Moratoriums expiry date established by the Department of Transportation||date||-|
|Moratorium Type||Street Address Begin||Street Address End||Street Direction||Street Name||Street Suffix||Start Date||Expiration Date|