- Death Causes Due to Health Diseases
- Public Health Emergencies
- Death Due to COVID
- Viral Disease
- Hospital Encounters
- Ventilator Use
- Respiratory Illness
- COVID-19 Death Data
- Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19
COVID-19 Outcomes by Testing Cohorts
This dataset shows the COVID-19 outcomes by testing cohorts. It shows the cases, hospitalizations and Deaths in the NYC (New York City). The data is provided by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH).
Get The Data
- ResearchNon-Commercial, Share-Alike, Attribution Free Forever
- CommercialCommercial Use, Remix & Adapt, White Label Log in to download
This dataset represents COVID-19 outcomes for cohorts of New York City residents based on date of specimen collection for testing for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
The dataset shows outcomes (confirmed cases, hospitalizations, and deaths) for cohorts defined by each date of specimen collection (specimen_date). If a NYC resident tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 and was subsequently hospitalized, both events would show under the same specimen date, indicating the date of specimen collection for the positive test and not the date of the hospitalization.
This dataset can be used to:
– Identify temporal trends in persons tested for SARS-CoV-2 and the number and proportion of persons testing positive.
– Identify temporal trends in the numbers and proportions of hospitalizations and deaths by specimen collection date among persons with confirmed COVID-19.
– Assess lags between specimen collection date and report dates of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.
About this Dataset
John Snow Labs; Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH);
|Source License URL|
|Source License Requirements||
COVID-19, COVID, Death Due to COVID, Viral Disease, Hospital Encounters, Ventilator Use, Respiratory Illness, COVID-19 Death Data, Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19
Death Causes Due to Health Diseases, Public Health Emergencies
|Date_of_Extraction||Date of extraction from live disease surveillance database||date||-|
|Date_of_Specimen_Collection||Date of specimen collection, equivalent to diagnosis date||date||-|
|Number_Tested||Count of NYC residents newly tested for SARS-CoV-2||integer||level : Nominal|
|Number_of_Confirmed_Cases||Count of patients tested who were confirmed to be COVID-19 cases||integer||level : Nominal|
|Number_of_Hospitalized||Count of confirmed COVID-19 cases among patients ever hospitalized||integer||level : Nominal|
|Number_of_Deaths||Count of confirmed COVID-19 cases among patients who died||integer||level : Nominal|
|Date of Extraction||Date of Specimen Collection||Number Tested||Number of Confirmed Cases||Number of Hospitalized||Number of Deaths|