- US Offenses Reported during 2015
- US Crimes and Number of Offenses
- Uniform Crime Reporting Program US 2015
- Crime Reports
- United States Crime
- Crime Reported to Police
- Property Crime Statistics
Number of Crimes By Population Group 2015
This dataset provides the rate per 100,000 inhabitants and the number of offenses known to law enforcement for violent crimes (murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault) and property crimes (burglary, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft) nationally and by city and county groupings for law enforcement agencies submitting 12 months of complete data for 2015.
Get The Data
- ResearchNon-Commercial, Share-Alike, Attribution Free Forever
- CommercialCommercial Use, Remix & Adapt, White Label Log in to download
This dataset furnishes the number of agencies meeting the criteria for inclusion in this table and provides the estimated population for each population group. Violent crimes include four crime categories:
(1) Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, as defined in the UCR program, is the willful (nonnegligent) killing of one human being by another. This offense excludes deaths caused by negligence, suicide, or accident; justifiable homicides; and attempts to murder or assaults to murder.
(2) Forcible rape is the carnal knowledge of a female forcibly and against her will. Assaults or attempts to commit rape by force or threat of force are also included; however, statutory rape (without force) and other sex offenses are excluded.
(3) Robbery is the taking or attempting to take anything of value from the car, custody, or control of a person or persons by force or threat of force or violence and/or by putting the victim in fear.
(4) Aggravated assault is an unlawful attack by one person upon another for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury. This type of assault is usually accompanied by the use of a weapon or by means likely to produce death or great bodily harm. Attempts are included since an injury does not necessarily have to result when a gun, knife, or other weapon is used, which could and probably would result in a serious personal injury if the crime were successfully completed.
In general, property crimes include four crime categories:
(1) Burglary is the unlawful entry of a structure to commit a felony or theft.
(2) Larceny-theft is the unlawful taking, carrying, leading, or riding away of a property from the possession or constructive possession of another. It includes crimes such as shoplifting, pocket picking, purse snatching, thefts from motor vehicles, thefts of motor vehicle parts and accessories, and bicycle thefts, in which no use of force, violence, or fraud occurs. This crime category does not include embezzlement, ‘‘con’’ games, forgery, worthless checks, and motor vehicle theft.
(3) Motor vehicle theft is the theft or attempted theft of a motor vehicle. This definition excludes the taking of a motor vehicle for temporary use by those persons having lawful access.
(4) Arson is any willful or malicious burning or attempt to burn, with or without intent to defraud, a dwelling house, public building, motor vehicle or aircraft, personal property of another, etc. Only fires determined through investigation to have been willfully or maliciously set are classified as arson. Fires of suspicious or unknown origins are excluded.
About this Dataset
John Snow Labs; U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation;
|Source License URL|
|Source License Requirements||
Crime Reports, United States Crime, Crime Reported to Police, Property Crime Statistics
US Offenses Reported during 2015, US Crimes and Number of Offenses, Uniform Crime Reporting Program US 2015
|Population_Group||Population Group Total agencies and by Group||string||-|
|Population_Range||Population Group Total agencies and by Group||string||-|
|Number_Of_Violent_Crimes||Number Of Violent Crimes by Suburban and Nonsuburban Cities||integer||level : Interval|
|Violent_Crime_Rate||Violent Crime Rate||number||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Murder_And_Nonnegligent_Manslaughter||Number Of Murder And Nonnegligent Manslaughter Crimes by Suburban and Nonsuburban Cities||integer||level : Interval|
|Murder_And_Nonnegligent_Manslaughter_Rate||Number Of Murder And Nonnegligent Manslaughter Rate||number||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Revised_Rape||Number Of Revised Definition Rape (The figures shown in this column for the offense of rape were reported using the revised Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) definition of rape. See the data declaration for further explanation.)||integer||level : Interval|
|Revised_Rape_Rate||Rape Rate||number||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Rape||Number of Rape (The figures shown in this column for the offense of rape were reported using the legacy UCR definition of rape. See the data declaration for further explanation.)||integer||level : Interval|
|Number_Of_Rape_Rate||Number Of Rape Rate||number||level : Ratio|
|Robbery||Number Of Robbery Crimes per 100,000 by Suburban and Nonsuburban Cities||integer||level : Interval|
|Robbery_Rate||Robbery Rate||number||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Aggravated_Assault||Number Of Aggravated Assault per 100,000 by Suburban and Nonsuburban Cities||integer||level : Interval|
|Aggravated_Assault_Rate||Assault Rate||number||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Property_Crime||Number Of Property Crime per 100,000 by Suburban and Nonsuburban Cities||integer||level : Interval|
|Property_Crime_Rate||Property Crime Rate||number||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Buglary||Number of Buglary Crime per 100,000 by Suburban and Nonsuburban Cities||integer||level : Interval|
|Buglary_Rate||Buglary Rate||number||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Larceny_Theft||Number of Number Of Larceny Theft per 100,000 by Suburban and Nonsuburban Cities||integer||level : Interval|
|Larceny_Theft_Rate||Larceny Theft Rate||number||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Motor_Vehicle_Theft||Number Of Motor Vehicle Theft per 100,000 by Suburban and Nonsuburban Cities||integer||level : Interval|
|Motor_Vehicle_Theft_Rate||Motor Vehicle Theft Rate||number||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Agencies||Number Of Agencies||integer||level : Interval|
|Estimated_Population_2015||Estimated Population for year 2015||integer||level : Interval|
|Population Group||Population Range||Number Of Violent Crimes||Violent Crime Rate||Number Of Murder And Nonnegligent Manslaughter||Murder And Nonnegligent Manslaughter Rate||Number Of Revised Rape||Revised Rape Rate||Number Of Rape||Number Of Rape Rate||Robbery||Robbery Rate||Number Of Aggravated Assault||Aggravated Assault Rate||Number Of Property Crime||Property Crime Rate||Number Of Buglary||Buglary Rate||Number Of Larceny Theft||Larceny Theft Rate||Number Of Motor Vehicle Theft||Motor Vehicle Theft Rate||Number Of Agencies||Estimated Population 2015|
|METROPOLITAN COUNTIES||100000 and over||122007||281.4||1576||3.6||10779||28.1||955||19.0||28636||66.0||80061||184.6||794835||1833.1||176719||407.6||547922||1263.6||70194||161.9||165||43360662|
|METROPOLITAN COUNTIES||25000 to 99999||45480||193.2||612||2.6||5523||29.5||702||14.5||5094||21.6||33549||142.5||324902||1380.0||92196||391.6||209870||891.4||22836||97.0||451||23543869|
|METROPOLITAN COUNTIES||Under 25000||18003||368.3||236||4.8||2854||68.7||117||16.0||1814||37.1||12982||265.6||110103||2252.5||25169||514.9||67994||1391.0||16940||346.6||1338||4888131|
|NONMETROPOLITAN COUNTIES||25000 and over||17429||177.2||282||2.9||2579||32.9||244||12.2||1156||11.8||13168||133.9||123720||1258.0||39809||404.8||76130||774.1||7781||79.1||264||9835023|
|NONMETROPOLITAN COUNTIES||10000 to 24999||14751||162.6||255||2.8||1903||25.2||252||16.5||814||9.0||11527||127.1||100876||1111.9||34161||376.5||59970||661.0||6745||74.3||563||9072400|
|NONMETROPOLITAN COUNTIES||Under 10000||9856||239.8||204||5.0||2146||59.1||72||15.0||354||8.6||7080||172.3||54895||1335.6||16697||406.2||32698||795.6||5500||133.8||1424||4110068|
|Suburban Cities GROUP IV||25,000 to 49,999||52740||233.2||592||3.0||5965||28.5||314||19.0||13968||61.8||31901||141.1||489051||2163.0||81257||359.3||373859||1653.0||33935||150.1||659||22613365|
|Suburban Cities GROUP V||10,000 to 24,999||47731||223.4||498||2.3||4986||26.2||419||18.0||10917||51.1||30911||144.7||451327||2113.0||74825||350.3||349196||1635.0||27306||127.8||1325||21362471|
|Suburban Cities GROUP VI||Under 10,000||37690||267.4||308||2.2||4453||35.7||456||27.9||6535||46.4||25938||184.0||375557||2664.0||57047||404.7||300165||2130.0||18345||130.1||4325||14095300|
|TOTAL SUBURBAN CITIES||138161||237.9||1398||2.4||15404||29.4||1189||21.2||31420||54.1||88750||152.8||1315935||2266.0||213129||367.0||1023220||1762.0||79586||137.0||6309||58071136|