Welcome to the
Try searching for:
How It Works
Welcome to the Land of Clean Data!
- 2 Manual reviews are done by domain experts
- Then, an automated set of 60+ validations enforces every datum matches metadata & defined constraints
- All dates, units, codes, currencies look the same
- All null values are normalized to the same value
- All dataset and field names are SQL and Hive compliant
- Data is available in both CSV and Apache Parquet format, optimized for high read performance on distributed Hadoop, Spark & MPP clusters
- Metadata is provided in the open Frictionless Data standard, and every field is normalized & validated
- Data updates support replace-on-update: outdated foreign keys are deprecated, not deleted
Welcome to Expert Curated Data!
Field names, descriptions, and normalized values are chosen by people who actually understand their meaning
Healthcare & life science experts add categories, search keywords, descriptions and more to each dataset
Both manual and automated data enrichment supported for clinical codes, providers, drugs, and geo-locations
The data is always kept up to date – even when the source requires manual effort to get updates
Support for data subscribers is provided directly by the domain experts who curated the data sets
Every data source’s license is manually verified to allow for royalty-free commercial use and redistribution
Welcome to Easy to Use Data!
- Read CSV or Parquet data with one-liners from the standard libraries of Python, R, SAS, SPSS, or Spark;
- Full download of data enables you to get the most out of your memory, database, or cluster;
- Subscribe to dataset updates to automate them.
- 26 out of the box integrations to the world’s most popular analytics tools, via our data.world partnership;
- SQL and SPARQL queries via a web UI or REST API.
- Need to load 1,000 datasets into a SQL or Hive DB? Create and populate all tables with one script, thanks to the complete & standardized schemas in metadata.
- Don’t know the jargon? Our experts curate extra search terms so that you can find ”NPPES” also by ”all US doctors” or “national providers database”.
- Not sure what the data is about? Metadata is provided in human-readable PDF in addition to JSON.
26 out of the box data integrations