Last updated: 21 September 2018
John Snow Labs is operated from the United States. If you are visiting the Website or Services from outside of the U.S., you agree to any processing of any personal information you provide us according to this policy.
John Snow Labs collects personal information when you:
- visit the Website;
- fill in any forms and submit it to the Website or John Snow Labs;
- contact us;
- request any services of John Snow Labs;
- place and process orders on the Website;
- provide any information to John Snow Labs;
- submit comments or feedback.
John Snow Labs does not collect personal information beyond the limited data we need for you to perform our Services. We may receive the following personal information:
- personal details, user name, address, phone number and email address;
- employer’s details, job title, working email address, etc.;
- financial information, including bank account number, credit card number, etc.;
- any other personal information which you directly provide to John Snow Labs; and
- any other personal information requested or required by the Website.
We will only collect and process personal information about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have explicitly given consent), contract and “legitimate interests”. Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at support@JohnSnowLabs.com and we will follow up with such request as soon as possible.
Like many websites, we use cookie and other similar technologies (“cookie”). A “cookie” is a piece of information in the form of a small text file that is placed on a user’s hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a web site. The information the cookie is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the Website. A cookie can be thought of as the user’s identification card, which tells the website when the user has returned.
Cookies are not computer programs or codes, they are not used to transfer viruses. Modern versions of browsers allow users to reject or opt out of receiving cookies as detailed below.
The type of cookies used on the Website is WooCommerce Cookies that make use of the following three cookies:
The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and help WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
If you wish to delete any cookies that are placed on your computer, you may refer to the help and support section in your internet browser. Modern browsers allow users to reject, delete or opt out of receiving cookies. However, it should be noted that if cookies are placed by third party websites, you must manage these cookies directly from the relevant third party.
For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium’s website (or, for third-party cookies, visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/).
By deleting, rejecting or opting out of receiving future cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all the features of the website and to access certain areas of the website.
What information do we automatically collect?
We collect anonymous data from every visitor of the Website to monitor traffic and fix bugs. When you use pages on the Website, we may automatically receive some information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- the type of browser and operating system you have used;
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the device which has accessed it (example PC, tablet);
- the date and time of your visit to the Website;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .eu etc.);
- the address of your server; and
- the previous website visited.
Our Website might have certain codes included on its web pages that provide us with information and data on usage of our sites, this information includes:
- the website pages visited;
- the average duration of page view,
- location of visits previous to visiting the Website; and
- the navigation behavior and preferences of the user.
Minors and children under age of 18 (or other legal age of your country of residence) should not use John Snow Labs. John Snow Labs does not knowingly provide services and collect personal information from anyone under 18 years of age. If you are at least 16 years old, we may provide you with the services with your parent or guardian consent if it is allowed by an applicable legislation. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
We do not collect or request your sensitive information (including, without limitation, information about your religious or political beliefs, opinions). Where you have provided it to us voluntarily, you shall be solely responsible for security of any sensitive information, and we do not intend to use this information for any purpose, nor share this information with any third parties.
Use of the Data
Personal information will be collected, held, used and disclosed for the following purposes jointly and/or severally:
- to provide you with Services requested;
- to identify you and personalize your experience with us;
- to process registration and log in to our Website (if applicable);
- to provide you with newsletters via mail and e-newsletters;
- to process any requests, complaints and applications;
- to record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research;
- to the extent permissible or necessary by law, for any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by John Snow Labs in the circumstances;
The user understands that the personal information is available and accessible by our employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you or in order to do their jobs.
Sharing of Data
We will only share your personal information with:
- service providers we work with to deliver services, in which case we may transmit only aggregated, anonymized data to external services to help us improve the John Snow Labs Website and Services. To receive the full and current list of external services that we use for this purpose, please email at support@JohnSnowLabs.com;
- public and governmental authorities, as required by local laws and regulations or for the purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
We may also use social buttons provided by services like Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Facebook. Your use of these third-party services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those third party services’ privacy policies.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Right to Edit Personal Information
You may access your personal information held by us to correct, update and remove inaccurate or incorrect data. You have the following rights:
- delete some or all personal information that we hold about you;
- change or correct your personal information that we hold about you;
- object to, or limit or restrict, use of your personal information;
- right to access and/or take your personal information: you can ask us for a copy of your personal information and can ask for a copy of personal information you provided in the machine-readable form.
If you want your personal information to be corrected, updated or removed, please contact our Data Protection Officer at support@JohnSnowLabs.com. We will process your request within thirty days. We will process your request within thirty days.
We retain your personal information while our business relationships are in existence or for as long as it is necessary or as needed to provide you with the Services. If you no longer want us to use your personal information to provide you with the Services, you may close your account.
However, when you cease using John Snow Labs services and close your account, we will normally still retain your personal information for a period of time. Usually, we will store your personal information for a period of 5 (five) years after you cease being a customer of John Snow Labs. There are several reasons for which we retain your information even longer, these include:
- To comply with legal obligations under EU/local laws (for example, anti-money laundering and accounting regulations);
- To establish or defend legal claims which could be made against us.
Please note that retention periods may be changed from time to time based on business or legal and regulatory requirements.
The Services are hosted and operated in the United States, we may collect information globally and primarily store that information in the U.S. If you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. (and other countries) may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any personal information about you, is being provided in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize John Snow Labs to transfer, store, host and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries.
Our Website sometimes will be sending you communications via email, examples of such emails include an email welcoming you to the Website, a new user notification, order confirmations, verification emails, or any other emails that are required to operate your account such as account management email, or system notifications. You can stop some of these emails only if you terminate your account with the Website.
Users can subscribe to our newsletters, this communication includes some useful information about our services, announcements of new services or products delivered via the site, surveys, periodic newsletters, information and updates on new functionality or new developments on the site, and event information or other promotional or commercial communication. Users can adjust frequency and type of notifications on their setting page. Users are also always provided with an option to opt out completely from these newsletters. Should you wish to do so, please adjust the settings on the relevant page.
Data Controller Person
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please contact us at support@JohnSnowLabs.com.
Should you have any question or concern, please write to support@JohnSnowLabs.com.